Monday 16 August 2010

The Third Degree - Redmist Destruction

This weeks "The Third Degree" is with Dawson and Ryan, guitarists with English thrashers Redmist Destruction.

T. - How long have you been playing together?

Dawson - I and Ryan have always jammed and learnt music together but it wasn’t until October 2008 we had a practise as a full band. We turned down going to see Municipal Waste and wrote a couple of songs instead. We’ve been active since Nov 2009.

T. - How did you meet?

Dawson - The local music scene and previous bands we were all in. Ryan’s known John since they were 4 years old however.

T. - What kind of gear do you use?

Dawson - We use Ltd/Esp guitars, Peavy and Engl guitar heads, Marshall Cabinets, Warwick Bass and Tama drums.

T. - Is there an album that inspired you to join a band?

Ryan - We’re not gonna make out we’re hard as f**k and say “Reign in Blood” by Slayer or “Master of Puppets” haha, despite them being influences. But the albums that made us want to be in a band were for me “The Offspring – Americana”.

Dawson - “Green Day – Dookie.” I was 10 at the time.

T. - What was the last album you bought?

Ryan - August Burns Red – Constellations.

Dawson – Make Do And Mend – Bodies Of Water

T. - What do you think of downloading music?

Dawson - I download music all the time! I don’t see a problem with it seen as half the bands I listen to encourage it. I support every band I listen to if I don’t buy their album, I’ll buy heaps of merch instead.

Ryan - I don’t mind, but I always buy albums more than download them.

T. - Who would you say was your personal biggest influence?

Dawson - Musically, my personal biggest influence is a band called As I Lay Dying, they’ve been my favourite band for as long as I’ve been into metal.

Ryan - Slayer.

T. - If you could trade places with another musician for a day, who would it be and why?

Dawson - For me, probably James Hetfield just to have that control over huge crowds, and to front the biggest metal band in the world!

Ryan - Same haha. When you can make 80,000+ people do whatever you want... I’d think that would be fun to do for the day.

T. - If you weren’t playing in a band, what do you think you’d be doing instead?

Dawson - I actually don’t know cos it’s all I’ve ever wanted to do. I’d probably just be wishing I was in a band.

Ryan - I would continue training to be a biomedical scientist doing a s**tty 9-5.

T. - Where do you think the best metal is coming from at the moment?

Dawson - I actually have no idea, it depends what we hear and what we like. There are too many awesome bands to say a certain place. I can only say Earth!

T. - If you could only eat one kind of food, would it be savoury or sweet?

Dawson - Savoury, I f**king love crisps way too much. Chocolate and s**t gets boring.

T. - What’s your favourite movie?

Dawson - Power Rangers the Movie or Wayne’s World 1!

Ryan - Terminator 2 – ALWAYS NUMBER 1.

T. - What was the last live show you went to (not including your own)?

Ryan - I saw our friends in While She Sleeps at the Plug in Sheffield the other day at their album launch.

Dawson - I saw my friends band Summerlin in Leeds last.

T. - What do you have lined up next?

Dawson - Tour and a show with Bonded By Blood prior to that. We’ve nearly finished our album so that should be complete soon.

T. - Why should people check out your band?

Dawson - Because we’re genuine about doing what we do and aim to be at the forefront of UK thrash in the future! We have a laugh and encourage people to come head bang and hang out with us. We’re not d**kheads either! You’ll get a free CD to prove it!

For more information on the band, and to see where you can catch them on tour in the UK, head on over to their Myspace page at:
www.myspace.com/redmistdestruction

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment